A lot has happened in the last week regarding the story of Emily Gillette, who was forced off a Freedom Airlines flight for breastfeeding her daughter last month.
These pictures were published on Boston.com, and taken in Columbus, Ohio (where you can see fellow blogger Jen from The Lactivist with her son Emmitt) Baltimore, and Burlington, where the story started. More photos, including ones from Washington, D.C. and Boston, are here.
I thought I'd summarize what's happened related to this incident so far. Here are:
- Press reports about the nurse in: ABC News, MSNBC, the Washington Post, Seattle Times, Hartford Courant, Minneapolis Star Tribune, AFP/Yahoo News and National Public Radio
- Some of the many press reports about the incident: Burlington Free Press, ABC News, USA Today
- Statements from Freedom Airlines, Mesa Air Group
- A petition to sign to urge Delta to support breastfeeding mothers
- Delta's complaint form
- An interview with Emily Gillette at Mothering.com
- Link to the Lactivism Yahoo Group established in the wake of the incident
- A statement by Rep. Carolyn Maloney and her legislation, the Breastfeeding Promotion Act (via Angela)
- A link to your comments about this issue on this blog
And if you attended any of the nurse-ins, please share your story in the comments section!