Check out some of these great posts on blogs I read:
- Andi at Mama Knows Breast found a merit badge for breastfeeding! It's shown to the right. You can also get one for diapering, dealing with kids at the supermarket, and other feats of parenthood.
- Amy at Musings of a Crunchy Domestic Goddess shares a post from a mother who discovered that she had an aggressive form of breast cancer which has no lump.
- Angela at Breastfeeding 1-2-3 writes about the drug Domperidone, a prescription medication which increases milk supply, and offers help for a mother who writes for help with weaning from co-sleeping without crying it out.
- Melissa at Booby Juice tells a harrowing story of a vacation gone bad: "Breastmilk saved my baby's life."
- Stacie at The Twinkies shares a 24 hour play-by-play of life with year old nursing twins. Every pregnant mother should read this.
And Stephanie at Adventures in Babywearing passed along to me a story from Texas of a woman who was removed from a courthouse for breastfeeding, in spite of Texas law protecting her right to nurse in public. The conclusion of a spokesperson: "Most people don't know the law."