Welcome to the September Carnival of Breastfeeding and another Motherwear Podcast! This month features posts on breastfeeding and education. Be sure to check out the posts from other carnival participants at the bottom of this post.
My contribution is a podcast on training programs and certifications for working in breastfeeding support.
You can listen to it using the player below, or download it from our iTunes store.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant: Pathways to becoming an IBCLC
- La Leche League Leader: Thinking about LLL Leadership?
- Certified Lactation Counselor: Healthy Children's Center for Breastfeeding, UC San Diego Extension online Course, UCLA Extension Lactation Educator course
- Breastfeeding Peer Counselor: LLL Peer Counselor Program, WIC Peer Counselor Program, NY State WIC program "How to become a peer counselor," Nursing Mothers' Counsel of Oregon peer counselor program. Note that the process may be different in your state.
And here are more great Carnival posts on this topic from other blogs (updated through the day):
- Breastfeeding Mums: The perfect breastfeeding teacher
- Breastfeeding 1-2-3: Breastfeeding education
- Hobo Mama: Breastfeeding education
- The Beautiful Letdown: How I learned to breastfeed
- Momopoly: Q and A with my mom-in-law, a lactation consultant
- Babyfingers: Let's take our perverted society to school
- Stop, Drop, and Blog: Breastfeeding: With a little help from my friends, books, and professionals
- Nurturing Notes: Breastfeeding and the Registered Dietician
- Poked and Prodded Health: You have to prepare for breastfeeding success