The International Lactation Consultants Association (ILCA) is offering a free webinar on breastfeeding during flu season for anyone who works with nursing mothers in hospital settings. The webinar is tomorrow, December 1st, from 2:00 to 3:30 pm EST, and will feature a talk by Katherine Shealy of the CDC.
The webinar is designed for lactation consultants, educators, and other health professionals who work with breastfeeding mothers and babies in hospital settings. The information will help you assist hospitals and birthing facilities with establishing protocols that can support breastfeeding families during flu season.
• Infection control measures to reduce the transmission of H1N1 in the hospital setting
• Mechanisms of transmission of 2009 H1N1 to the newborn
• Caring for breastfeeding newborns of mothers with suspected/confirmed 2009 H1N1
• Recommendations for flu vaccines (seasonal and H1N1) in pregnant and breastfeeding women
• Promoting the importance of breastfeeding during flu season
• Role of IBCLCs in establishing and implementing protocols that support breastfeeding
• Resources available from ILCA, CDC, and other organizations
Space is limited. Reserve your Webinar seat now. Equipment needed: a computer and a telephone. To learn more, contact ILCA toll-free at 1-888-ILCA-IS-U or (919) 861-5577.