We're particularly interested in posts from women of color on how race impacted their breastfeeding experience. Here are some topic ideas:
- If your community is particulary supportive - or not supportive - of breastfeeding, how did that impact your decision to breastfeed?
- Do you think that your race had any influence on the kind of breastfeeding care you got from your providers, or on the support you got from your family or in the community?
- Are there traditions in your community that are different from the mainstream experience?
- Do you think that current images of breastfeeding represent you?
- Are there any well known women of color who have been role models for you in your breastfeeding experience?
- Do you have observations about why mothers in your community are more likely or less likely to breastfeed?
Submissions are due by March 7 and the Carnival will be on March 14th. We're using Google Docs to collect submissions, so please fill out this spreadsheet in order to submit your post.
As always, we're looking for posts that are:
- Well-written and grammatically correct
- Thoughtful and directly on point for the carnival subject
- Submitted by blogs that pertain to subjects of interest to our readers (breastfeeding, parenting, etc.)
If your post is selected for inclusion, you will be asked on the day of the carnival to edit your post to link back to each of the other participants in the carnival. Examples of past carnivals can be found here.