As I've mentioned before, I've seen nearly every independent movie released in the last year or so because my local movie theater has a Baby Friendly show twice a week (see my ticket stub collection).
So since it's Oscar season I thought I'd quiz you on a few breastfeeding references in movies in the last year.
Now, then: In which movie...
1) Is there a band named Nipple Confusion, and is a main character introduced as he's putting pumped breastmilk into freezer storage bags?
2) Does a mother say that she nursed a chimpanzee in the 1970's? This was a documentary (and a very disturbing one, too).
3) Does a nursing mother get shot in the opening scene? (I know, nice.)
4) Does a mentally ill mother accuse her husband of making her wean because she needed to take medications incompatible with breastfeeding (or it could have been that she didn't take her medications because she was breastfeeding - I'm afraid I can't remember)? This is a hard one. I'll give you a hint if no one can get it.
5) Does the narration over a scene in which a tiger mother is nursing her cubs say something like: "She has eaten, and in a few hours she'll make milk"? (And how ridiculous is that?) This was a documentary.
I'm sure I missed plenty more. I didn't see a lot of the big budget movies, so help me out if I missed something!